Saturday, January 26, 2019

Dog Aggression

This morning, my first lesson of the day was continuing work with a female pit bull that wasn't good with other dogs. We are mostly past that problem now, and putting finishing touches on the training.

The current issues are reactions to seeing stray cats (which are many in their neighborhood) and bicycles/ scoooters/ skateboards.

This dog has come a long way. Today, we passed by several dogs, including some idiot with 2 small dogs on retractable leashes who feeds out the line to let his dogs growl and bark, face to face, at every passing dog. Fortunately, no reaction from my student's dog any more.

Next lesson was cancelled. My student is still sick with something like the flu. The other lesson after was rescheduled. Now I'm killing time until my first afternoon lesson, a doodle puppy starting Basic Obedience. And then my last lesson is another pit bull, which is good with other dogs, but not so with strangers.

Happy Training! Get out there, it is a beautiful day

No comments: