Saturday, January 12, 2019

Dog Training And Feelings

I train a lot of dogs. I see a lot of dogs. Every once in a while, however, I come across a dog that I know would be “mine” if I was looking for a new dog…

I think dogs and owners select each other. You somehow connect with a dog, and the dog with you, and it just works. I can’t explain it all that well, but you know what I’m talking about if it has ever happened.

In your gut, you know that would be the perfect dog for you. Of course, when I’m training dogs for my students, I’m not actually looking to take their dog from them. It is just that I get a connection every once in a while with a dog, and I know that dog would be a great dog for me if I was looking to adopt a dog.

I think when you are looking to get a dog, you’ll also get that gut feeling when it is right. When all the traits line up, but also that special feeling inside is there, that is the dog. Get that one. That is the Pearl of Great Price.

No comments: