Tuesday, April 11, 2006


A Baltimore County woman believes she should not have to pay for her dog's emergency surgery, saying her pet was burned during the procedure.

Almost all veterinarians are great with the care they give their dog patients. But, when you screw up, you should take the blame and just deal with it. In this case, the dog had an operation which required the removal of a toy from its intestine. But, the veterinarians then put the dog on a heating pad, which burned the dog… then expected the owner to not only pay for the surgery to correct the blockage, but also for the 3rd degree burns it suffered as a result of the heating pad. That’s just plain stupid... and now, after offending the dog owner, they risk a malpractice suit. Just imagine how this would look to a jury.

No comments: