Monday, August 25, 2008

Democrat Convention

I tried to watch some of the Democrat Convention tonight... but after that gas bag, Edward Kennedy... and the rest of the droning speakers went on and on... it reminded me of a high school graduation where there are a bunch of meaningless speeches and horrible music and poetry, and we are all expected to sit there and pretend we are having a good time. I am now so bored... I'm bored being bored, and figured it was time to talk about something interesting instead...

A Phoenix man was sentenced to 23 1/2 years in prison for ordering his dog to attack a police officer. He was also convicted of two counts of aggravated assault, theft of means of transportation, and resisting arrest.

I'm not sure how I feel about this sentence. Is the crime worthy of jail time? Yes. You don't get to attack or kill a police officer... the guy is just doing his job. Unless there is a lot more to this story, such as a history of this guy committing other serious crimes, I am betting the sentence is overturned and reduced, however.

No comments: