Monday, June 25, 2007

Nigerians Are After Me... And Everyone Else

Attn: Sir

My name is (Mr. MIKE MONEKE) who works as the operational manager in account management section in charge of credit and foreign bills of one of the prime banks here in Nigeria. I will like to introduce a very confidential business with you, there is a dormant account in my bank with a credit balance of ($48,223,000.00) Fourty-nine Million United state dollars which has been dormant for about five years now, on my further investigation I discovered that the owner of account is a foreigner who died five years ago in a motor accident along side his wife and two children, but left no information about his next of kin for the account because he was hiding the source of the money from the government. What I need from you is to use your name as the beneficiary and next of kin to the original account owner and then the bank manager will use his position as the Bank Manger to give Clearance and onward remission of the fund into your nominated account. The bank manager is involve in the deal, but sicretly involved do to his position in the bank. I will supply you with all necessary information about the account, which you will present to my bank through a lawyer, after the bank has accepted your application then I will go ahead and destroy every documents associated with this transaction and we will go ahead and share the money at the ratio 25% for your services to me and 70% for me, the remaining 5%will be set aside for any expenses incurred during this transaction. I will first transferUSD 20 Million to your account. I will fly over to meet you after the successful transfer for sharing according to the agreed percentages. I will have the remaining balance of USD28,223 Million transferred to your account only after the successful sharing.
Please your urgent reply is highly needed so as to stop further contacts, kindly include your telephone and fax numbers for easy communication.
Best Regard,
MIKE MONEKE

Well, Mr. Monkeybrains, you should have read the earlier post about how the new scam is to bilk people's money by pretending to sell them a dog, collecting the money, and then never delivering the dog. This old business of trying to get people to send you money is getting old. Try something new for a change. Get a real job.

I get this garbage in my inbox from time to time. It is amazing that this scam keeps going on and on. Who'd be stupid enough to fall for this kind of thing?

Apparently, some people do. It is unfortunate that it is now affecting pet owners.

I feel like Marty McFly in Back To The Future, except it isn't the Libyans selling plutonium to Doc, it is the Nigerians (or whomever) selling crap to the general public.

No comments: