Saturday, May 10, 2008

Negligence

A woman locked a dog in a bedroom until it died of starvation because she was "too knackered" to care for it.

Negligence is defined as: failure to exercise the care that a reasonably prudent person would exercise in like circumstances.

Some negligence is civil, some is criminal...

Carlisle told the court: "I just couldn't hack it. I didn't have the time. I had to go to YMCA for a training course and had to get up early and sometimes I was knackered when I came back.

She was ordered to complete 60 hours of unpaid work, pay £250 costs and was banned for life from keeping animals.


Look, this person has got to be a total nutcase to do this kind of thing. This should have been treated as a criminal matter. We should arrest and jail people for intentionally starving helpless animals to death.

No comments: