Monday, April 02, 2007

Tough On Animal Control...

OK, I am tough on Animal Control operations because they are supposed to be professionals, knowing the law, animal behavior, and should be a model for humane animal treatment. However, they often miss the mark. Regardless of which entity does the animal control work, police officers or officers designated specifically for animal control, they need to know what the heck they are doing.

Here is a sample of what I am referring to. I think this looks incompetent to me, according to what the article says...

"Owner Maegan Verlanic says she could not believe what she saw - three police officers standing on a log with her dog on the other end of the catch pole. Maegan Verlanic, dog owner: "They had him hanging from it. You could see the top of his head from how high they had him from the ground." Captain Kurt Asmus, Blackfoot Police Department: "And before the owners could get back around and get into their own yard, the dog had passed away.""

I can tell if a dog is aggressive or not, because I am a professional. I expect humane care from others who are doing professional work with dogs... groomers, trainers, pet store operators, pet food manufacturers, veterinarians... and animal control officers.

No comments: