Wednesday, December 28, 2005

My Dog, Dillon, Died Today


Dillon died today at about 12:30 pm. He had a heart attack and was dead in less than a minute.

I had hoped he would make it through Christmas, and that I wouldn’t have to be the one to have to take him to the vet and ask them to put my friend to death. I got both those wishes.

It’s been a rough 7 ½ months since he was diagnosed with Cardiomyopathy. He was only 6 years old. It has taken a huge toll on me, and I have grieved every day since the diagnosis for my dog. He had a good life, and I did all I knew to make him happy. He was a good friend, and I loved him very much.

I don’t know what I’m going to do from here regarding another dog. I just need some rest time.

3 comments:

Jocelyn said...

I, as well as everyone at Aussie Rescue in AZ, am so sorry to here of the loss of a best friend. I assure you that Dillon is patiently waiting for you at the Rainbow Bridge, Sam. He is in no more pain and you showed him the love that every dog deserves to have.

Arielle said...

So sorry to hear about your loss. I like to think we lose our pets when they are ready to run without fences.

Our cold noses here wish you comfort.

Steve said...

Very sorry to hear of your loss. It sounds like Dillon was in great hands, and enjoyed a great life with you. With all things considering, he was a blessed dog.