Thursday, May 09, 2013

Owning A Dog Can Make You Healthier

"Dog owners have healthier hearts than people who don’t have pets"

I do believe this.

When I graduated from college, my mom wanted to give me a graduation present. I remember the day she asked me if I would like a dog. I told her I thought that was an interesting idea, but I'd have to think about it. A while later, I came back and told her that I thought it was a great idea... and that was the beginning of my dog, Kate, the Bouvier.

One reason I decided to get a dog was because of my dad. My dad never took care of himself, always had health problems, always overweight... and I just didn't want to turn out like he did in so many ways. I figured if I got a dog, it would force me to walk many miles a week for at least a decade... and of course, that became true.

Even today, I look way younger, feel younger, act younger, and think younger than my peers because I decided to get a dog instead of a car or some other silly object.

It was the right decision then, and it is probably the right decision for you, too.

No comments: