Friday, March 02, 2012

Would You Freeze Dry Your Pet?

Someone has invented the idea of freeze drying pets. It is a type of taxidermy, just like you preserve a deer or moose after you kill it. But... I just couldn't do it. I couldn't look at a lifelike freeze dried dog of mine that was now dead, in a pose that looked like it was alive. Not only would it cause me to grieve the loss of the dog... and it is hard enough to go through the death of a beloved pet... but, it just seems... well, wrong. Macabre.

Would I freeze dry a pet? No way.

I won't even visit a grave after someone is buried. My grandfather told us that after he died, to not mourn for him at the grave... he said he wouldn't be there (meaning, he was a Christian, and knew where he'd be, and his spirit wouldn't be in the ground).

No comments: