Wednesday, November 30, 2005

ALEVE ALMOST KILLED MY DOG!

Have you ever considered how you store medications in your home? Many of them are lethal if your dog swallows them. My dog almost died after swallowing an Aleve. He was in the hospital for 3 days, coughing up, and defecating blood. It severely ulcerated his stomach, and he could have bled to death internally. I now am very careful to quarantine all my medications in locked containers in my bathroom. They aren’t left on counters or tables, anywhere in my home, period. I almost lost my dog, and I won’t let it happen again.

3 comments:

Ronnie said...

Aleve DID kill my 15 year old dog. It caused his kidneys to shut down. After a week stay in the hospital he was just unable to recover. He was home about ten days. When he became unable to urinate I took him and had him put down. I have been emotionally a wreck, to say the least.

blc said...

That really stinks. I read about a related article on a Los Angeles dog bite lawyers homepage that talked about the same thing for aspirin. They say it's not suppose to be harmful but all dogs are different. Once again, I'm sorry for your loss.

vishnuprasath said...
This comment has been removed by the author.